So I was reading Z is for Zeirah as I tend to do most every day. And saw, like quite a few people I follow, that they had been nominated for a Real Neat Blog Award.
An surprising to me, I saw myself nominated also. So my humble thanks for the honor. So what is it exactly?
So there’s 3 things involved as part of the award:
- Thank and link the person who nominated you.
- Answer the seven questions your nominator has provided.
- Nominate 7 other bloggers and create 7 questions for them
As part of their response to being nominated, they in turn posed 7 questions.
- If you couldn’t blog about WoW anymore, what would you blog about?
- What’s the best and worst thing about blogging?
- What’s your favourite achievement in WoW?
- How long have you been playing computer games?
- If you could have one day to do anything in, what would you do?
- What’s your favorite food?
- Where do you prefer to go, Mountains or Beach?
So without further ado, I will give these a shot.
1. Well if I was no longer blogging about WoW, I would most likely be putting more focus and effort into a blog my wife encouraged me to write
it was something we started to try and filter through a lot of the misinformation being passed around. Taking a look at specific issues in the news, and digging through all the fake news to get to what the actual issue was.
2. Oh boy. This is a tough one. The best is the challenge to yourself to not only come up with an idea or thought, but to write about it, especially on those days when you really do not feel like it. The worst is when situations occur when you address something controversial, and people try to read into what you are saying, and you feel like you are being attacked for having an opinion. I have started and closed several WoW related blogs over the years because I felt they were not what I was trying to say or communicate to people. Or the worst, when you write something, but no body reads it.
3. Oh, favorite achievement, would have to be when I first got
back then it was not as simple as it is today. With all of the questing, and dungeons achievements now to get to level cap, it seems to have lost some of its luster. But it is still a special one to me.
4. Oh dear, you are asking me to show my real age here. I would have to say probably Christmas of 1977, when I got the Atari 2600 as a combo Christmas/Birthday gift. And I was 15 years old at the time. So I guess the end of this year will make 40 years of gaming for me. It’s been a wild trip to say the least.
5. Hmmm, if I could have one day to do anything in, I would probably stay in bed and watch old movies. I know exciting right? Our lives are non stop, from being up before 5am every day, to getting home after 5pm, trying to find time for WoW, for family, to do housework, laundry, helping to care for my elderly in laws, the week is never ending. So for me a treat would be a day to not have to worry about anything. But I know the cats would still have me up before 5am. Because they are cats.
6. Favorite food. Without pause. Cheesesteaks. And if you ever find yourself in Philadelphia, this shop is a must visit.
7. Mountains or the beach. I live in southern NJ, so my whole life has been filled with where are you going this weekend? Down the shore. But I do enjoy the mountains. But I am more of a need to be able to get things without having to hike 5 miles.
Now I guess it is my turn to nominate some folks, and I hope that I am not double nominating with others. There are a few I read every day and know they are already nominated, but they are definitely worth following for their thoughts.
And these are beyond my 7.
https://coffeecakesandcrits.wordpress.com/ who I have been reading for a short time, but look forward to reading every day.
But now 7. And I am sure I will probably miss a great many people.
And now for the 7 challenge questions.
- In the event of a Zombie Apocalypse, are you prepared?
- Have you ever had someone you never would have thought would ever read you blog, mention something you wrote?
- Of course I have to ask. Alliance or Horde, but also, One Main? or Army of Alt’s.
- Have you ever had the opportunity to attend Blizzcon, or some other large gaming convention.
- Do you think Warcraft will ever end, and how do you see them ending it.
- What in all the years you have played games, has been your favorite to play.
- And a final one. Should Tauren be allowed to play Rogue’s 😉
Thank you once again for the nomination, and look forward to reading more from you all.