I was thinking about this whole new idea. Level cap squish to 60, because getting from 1 to 130 seems daunting. Actually I think too that 130 seems like an odd number too. But anyway, so you’ve stripped the amount of levels in half 1-60. Seems much more reasonable. And with level scaling anyone can pick and choose where they get their starts, and can level anywhere they want too. Sounds perfect. Look at those gear reward upgrades, why that new piece of gear is a whole 2 iLvLs higher than what you have currently. Surely that must be better.
While I’m thinking about gear levels I should point out that the garrison rewards for missions still to this day say you will get a piece of 700 gear. Even though when you get the reward it’s only around 120, maybe, and this may be crazy talk, someone should update the text files to reflect “actual” reward numbers. Just a thought.
So you have new player Sam who just bought World of Warcraft and is excited to jump in and play the game. They pick a new character, probably a Paladin or Druid, because they look tough, and off they go. They join a guild because asking questions in general chat is not exactly the best place, and they work their way up to 50. Now they are faced with the problem.
What do all these abilities and covenants mean? How do I figure them out. Let me ask in guild chat.
You see, unless you have been playing the alpha, and soon beta, you are going to have a hard time figuring it out on your own, let alone trying to explain to someone new to the game. There are several design teams dealing with issues separately. And my fear is Shadowlands is going to knock BfA and WoD out of the park as the worst WoW expansion, just in the level of complexity and time commitment to run the same content over and over. I’ve seen brief mentions about features and it’s so far over my head that I don’t even want to try to research things. I can’t even fathom class redesign for the one character I play. When it goes live I will check which are the choices I should make, I will set them and that’s it. If it has become to complex for me as a long time player that focuses on one class and spec, how do you expect a new player to understand and learn.
Maybe it’s tome to stop looking at the top 5%, and instead simplify things for the other 95%